Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge
Each Wednesday from January 9 – December 18, 2019, Long and Short Reviews is hosting a weekly blog hop.
Blogging is a fun way to meet people and get to know them. We’re offering a weekly “prompt” for authors, non-authors, bookish folks and others to share something weekly and gain new friends and visitors to the blog. There’s no pressure to write something every week (though it should be fun and a challenge), but we do ask that if you do post something, you share your link on the weekly post we’ll put up at our site (it will be the top post on the home page each Wednesday morning) — the link list will be open for new links for 48 hours. Other bloggers will also share their links and you can hop over and see what they have to share.
March 20th – Characters I Want to Meet
I thought at first it would be hard to answer this question–I didn’t believe I had any real burning desire to meet any fictional people, but then I thought about it a bit more. Actually, I do! I’ll break it down by fictional type:
- Lestat from Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles, obviously. I’ve talked about my love of these books many times. When I was younger I actually believed he was real, and I’m far from the only one–there’s a portion of the VC fanbase who believed, or still believe, that he’s real. This is probably because Anne Rice wrote the books as though he actually exists and she’s his biographer. Of course now that I’m older and a writer myself, I can just appreciate her creative angle for its literary merit. I don’t believe he’s real anymore…I mean, I don’t think so…not really…
- Also when I was younger, I wanted to hang out with the kids from Stephen King’s novella The Body, which became the movie Stand By Me (though trust me, the story is way better–give it a read).
From TV shows:
- Olenna Tyrell from Game of Thrones. I would love to just sit and listen to her snark and sass all day.
- Jim Hopper from Stranger Things. I don’t know why, he seems like a complex and interesting guy, and I love his attitude.
- Speaking of Stranger Things, when I was younger my dark morbid self really wanted to meet Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice (played by Winona Ryder, who also plays Joyce in Stranger Things, of course). She was the sort of teenager I aspired to be.
- The crew in Twister because storm chasing seemed like such a cool thing…at least, to watch in the safety of the theatre!
How about you? Who do you wish you could meet in real life?