All I want for Christmas is:
- An unfettered flow of great ideas.
- Characters that turn out as real on the page as they are in my head.
- No awkward scene transitions.
- Engaging, witty dialog.
- A spellchecker that knows when I’m screwing up my homophones.
- Brilliant, catchy names for characters that will never be forgotten by my readers.
- A movie deal.
- Okay, a book club deal is good too.
- Just like, me saying “buy this book” and the person says “okay, deal.”
- A breathtaking romance captured perfectly.
- Barring that, an interesting cat lady.
- No filler.
- No tangents.
- Not forgetting that detail I put in chapter two that was supposed to be important later on.
- Looming foreshadowing.
- Heart-pounding suspense.
- To have characters that just for once don’t visit a restaurant/diner in one of my stories.
- To have enough readers to laugh at my inside jokes about my writing.
- Minimal edits.
- Okay, at least less edits?
- SLIGHTLY LESS EDITS.
- A quelling of my desire to put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence of dialog!
- No characters having jobs/hobbies I have to research for a solid three months before I can begin writing.
What’s on your writer’s Christmas list?
Urban fantasy and paranormal romance author.