This week is Thanksgiving in the US, and for that reason it’s time to reflect on what I’m thankful for when it comes to writing. Feel free to tell me why you, too, are thankful to be a writer! You don’t need to be from the US or be celebrating Thanksgiving to share your joy.
I’m thankful to be a writer because:
- I get to make up stories and share them with others–and sometimes, they even like them and want me to share more!
- Writing is a form of therapy for me.
- I’ve known I wanted to be a writer since a young age. It always gave me focus and direction, and a dream to follow.
- Language is fun to play with.
- I love the stories that others give the world, and I love being part of that community. Being one of them.
- If there’s a story I’d love to read, I can write it.
- Writing is an ever-growing skill and there’s always something new to learn. It’s never boring.
- As a writer, I can understand the structure of and what goes into making some of my favorite stories and entertainment. Knowing how it works doesn’t ruin the magic, quite the contrary!
- I have a ‘calling.’
- Though I don’t make much money from writing, the fact that anybody pays me at all to do what I love is a miracle.
- When I’m screwing around on my laptop, I can still pretend I’m working. 😉
Those are just a few of the reasons I’m thankful to be among the ranks of those who create stories for the enjoyment of others, and just as importantly, for themselves. What about being a writer makes you thankful?
Urban fantasy and paranormal romance author.