With 2015 drawing to a close, I wanted to recap my year and count my blessings. I had a lot of highs and lows this year, but overall it was quite an exciting ride. Writing-wise it was a banner year, health-wise, not so much. Here’s a rundown of my 2015:
- Nothing much writing-wise happened this month. I did start edits on my second Siren Song novel with my editor. Also did edits for Her Darkest Secret, which would come out the following month.
- I went on a trip to Chicago with my best friend! I love Chicago. We had such an awesome time, and we rented the best suite ever in the heart of downtown Chicago.
- Her Darkest Secret was released. I had a great time writing this novella. If you’re into paranormal historical erotic romance (wow that’s a mouthful) you should check it out.
- I broke my wrist, two days before Valentine’s Day. Ugh! We had the coldest February in recorded history in Ohio and there was ice EVERYWHERE, leading to my downfall (literally).
- I was on the radio!
- My debut novel The Wicked City is released! I still had the cast on my arm for release day.
- My cast came off the day after St. Patrick’s Day. I was downgraded to a brace for two weeks.
- Did the Blogging from A-Z Challenge. I’m going to do it in 2016, too!
- One Night In Chicago is released–my first of two contributions to the City Nights series.
- I was on the radio again!
- I got my first royalty check and immediately bought a yacht. Just kidding, I bought a couple candy bars.
- Did a blog tour for One Night In Chicago.
- I had an erotic paranormal novella accepted for publication with Muse It HOT! Publishing. It will be released in fall/winter 2016.
- Cover reveal for The Bloody City.
- I turned 40! My best friend took me to Las Vegas, which was awesome, but while there I tripped on my heels, fell, and sustained a severe knee injury that I’m still not fully recovered from. If you really want to see pictures of what it looked like, click here (not for the squeamish!). I was out of work for almost three weeks and had to have ongoing medical treatment. I am never wearing heels again. Or turning 40 again.
- Mostly spent recovering from my knee injury.
- Got another royalty check. Bought another mansion.
- The Wicked City was nominated for best urban fantasy at The Romance Reviews Readers’ Choice Awards–and it won!
- The wildest month of all! I had two new releases this month. My book The Bloody City (sequel to The Wicked City) and One Night In Cleveland, my second contribution to the City Nights series.
- Three blog tours, tons of guest posts.
- I did NaNoWriMo, too.
- And my son turned 23!
- I co-hosted Insecure Writer’s Support Group.
- Participated in Blissemas.
- Another royalty check, this time I decided to buy my own private island so I have a peaceful place to write.
And that’s my year in review–up, down, crazy, exciting, fun–I’m hoping 2016 will be just as eventful (without breaking/injuring anything). How did your 2015 fare?
Happy New Year everyone, may 2016 be wonderful for all of us!