Well, I’ve gone and done it–I’ve thrown my hat in the ring for PitchWars 2015. I have a manuscript I’ve been polishing and polishing and have started looking for a home for, so it seems like the fates aligned that PitchWars should occur at the same time I have a hot little manuscript ready to go in my hands. Will I get in? Will I find a mentor? Will I go all the way? Stay tuned!
This post is my mentee bio for the #PimpMyBio blog hop and for any curious mentors to stop by and find out who I am. So without further ado:
About Me (the non-writing stuff):
- I’m from Cleveland, Ohio, the home of Rock and Roll. Except no one really says that anymore and we’re known for a lot of other stuff now, like Lebron James. And, like…Lebron James. (Seriously though, we’re becoming a pretty kickass cultural center of the Midwest.)
- I just turned 40. I don’t recommend it. (Just kidding, have as many birthdays as you can!)
- I’m a bartender in real life. I’ve been in the service industry bartending/serving for a long time. In my pretend life I’m a wealthy heiress married to Travis Fimmel.
- I have an adult son and a cat. Both of them shed everywhere.
- My favorite seasons are summer and fall, probably because I live in Cleveland and the only other season we have is winter and it lasts eight months.
- I’m reading Stephen King’s Dark Tower series right now.
- I love the TV show Penny Dreadful and if anything encompasses all my interests in one tidy package, it’s that show.
- I love Hello Kitty, seahorses (I typed ‘seahores’ first–I like ye olde salty sea hores too, I suppose), windchimes, anything pink, baking, and collecting candles. *shrug* You can’t always be surrounded by dark morbid Victorian gothy-ness. This tweet about sums me up:
About My Writing:
- I’m an urban fantasy/paranormal romance/erotica author. At first glance those things might seem like they don’t go together, but if you read the genre you’ll see how often they cross-pollinate (and how!).
- I have an urban fantasy series contracted with Kensington. The series is called Siren Song and it’s about, you guessed it, a modern-day siren. The first book, The Wicked City, was released on March 3, 2015. The sequel, The Bloody City, will be released November 10, 2015. The third, The Burning City, will be released in May 2016. Will there be more? Well, I wanted to make it a trilogy and leave it at that, but the characters didn’t quite cooperate so…yes?
- I also have a paranormal erotic romance, Her Darkest Secret, published with Muse It Up publishing. It’s historical as well and has lots of sex and werewolves in it. Do I have your attention yet?
- I have a contemporary erotic romance, One Night In Chicago, published with Tirgearr Publishing as part of their City Nights series. One Night In Cleveland, which I also wrote, will be published November 18, 2015. I had to rep my city! (Lebron James is not in it, btw.)
- I also have several short stories in House of Erotica anthologies Smut By the Sea Vol. 3, Landing Strip, and Play It Safe.
- Next year: EVEN MORE???
- FYI: I am published but unagented. Since that’s an important requirement of the contest!
Why You Should Pick Me. PICK MEEE!:
- I’m eager to learn. I love writing and I love getting better at it and learning new things. I don’t believe that any writer, no matter how famous they get or how many books they publish, is ever done learning.
- I’m easy to work with. I don’t argue. I don’t clutch my manuscripts to my chest and cry HOW DARE YOU! when you tell me something needs to be changed. I’m receptive to feedback and criticism. I like to have productive discussions, not arguments.
- I’ve worked with professional editors and understand the process and technicalities of working on a manuscript together.
- I have an enthusiasm for writing and I’m absolutely serious about making it my career.
- I bake.
I will send you cupcakes.
- I’m friendly and I love meeting new people.
- This is my cat, look at her. Even she likes to write.
Other Places To Find Me:
Paranormal and contemporary romance author.