In the spirit of trying to get my lazy butt blogging more, I’ve decided to start a new thing here, which I will oh-so-creatively dub ‘Monday Funday.’ Cause it rhymes, get it? Ha!
Here’s the objective of Monday Funday: to share some fun stuff and get your week started off right. A lot of people hate Mondays, so I’m hoping to provide some distraction. Also, this is interactive. So, I’ll share MY fun things, and you can share YOUR fun things in the comments! And then we’ll all have some fun. Easy? Easy!
What sort of things can you share on Monday Funday?
– Links to fun/interesting/cool websites that you think others would enjoy.
– Links to articles and blog posts that you think are awesome.
– Pictures (nothing pornographic, violent, or depicting anything illegal or inciting, though)
– Stories: tell us something good! Personal stories, anecdotes, flash fiction, whatever you’d like to share.
– Anything else that might be fun: jokes, contests, time wasters, pictures of cats, whatever you think others would enjoy.
There’s just a few rules:
– This is NOT for self-promotion. Please don’t promote your own work, website, or social media accounts. I don’t want this to become just a promotions post. I want it to be for sharing fun and interesting things (not that your work isn’t fun and interesting, but if we have enough requests for it, maybe I’ll start a pimp-your-work day on the blog too).
– This is my blog and I reserve the right to remove anything offensive, harmful, or not within the spirit of the theme.
I’m hoping this will catch on. I’ll get this inaugural Monday Funday started. Here’s some fun places where I waste time on the web:
Writing Quotes – So many awesome and inspiring quotes.
Cats Are A**holes – What it says on the tin.
SlushPile Hell – One anonymous agent sharing the hilariously bad queries they get (usually from people claiming God told them to write a book). It hasn’t been updated in a while, but there’s a huge archive of posts. A great guide to what NOT to put in your query letter.
Cash Cats – Literally just pictures of cats with piles and piles of cash (and sometimes other questionable objects). Make sure you follow their Instagram for updates! (You can submit your own pictures if you’re rich and have a cat.)
The Romance Reviews – So many romances! Reviews, contests, giveaways, sales…one stop shopping for romance enthusiasts.
RoomPorn on Reddit – (NOT actually porn) Tons and tons of beautiful pictures of amazing rooms. If you’re an interior decorating freak like me, you’ll have a joygasm.
And to finish off, here’s a picture of me having a conversation with my friend’s parrot. We’re twins!
Now it’s time to share your fun stuff in the comments! Happy Monday Funday!
Paranormal and contemporary romance author.